Please bear with me as I get things up and running around here!!
I want to put up some graphics and decorate a little.
So, to start with, I'll give you a rundown on how I do groceries and menu's.
First, grocery shopping is done every two weeks, usually on Bill's paydays. These are every second thursday (last one was last thursday). The beginning of the month is usually just a trip for dairy/fruit/veggies ect and budget amount is set for $200.00. The middle of the month is the 'stock-up' trip and is for pantry items and baking items as well as toiletries, and paper products. This budget amount is set at $550.00-$600.00. I do 90% of my grocery shopping at Superstore, which is the cheapest place to shop around here!! If because of time or other situations, I do my shopping online at Pic'n'Del (but I really try to avoid this because they tend to be pricey), they pick, pack and deliver your groceries and it costs $8.95.
So, here's my plan for here. Each grocery trip I will post my purchases and how much they cost, as well as any special deals I had (coupons, BOGOF, ect) I will then post what I plan on making with the ingrediants!!
I will try to keep a daily log of what was on the menu for that particular day, but, I will warn you now, there may not be any posts on Fridays and Saturdays (hubby is home those evenings).
I plan on doing my first real grocery post next week, as next Friday will be the BIG trip!!LOL
So, until then, I will just post a daily menu log!!
Should be interesting!! I hope you can take away some ideas, and PLEASE email me for a recipie if you see something you like!! BTW, I usually just come up with my own recipies, so they may not be to formal!!LOL
Hope you enjoy!!
Bon Appetit!
Blessings,
~Penny
Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Penny!!! You have a food blog! I am so excitied! I'm sure I will get lots of wonderful, yummy ideas from you, which Joe and the kids will be thrilled about! That will mean less frozen pizza and chicken strips for dinner. Woohoo!
Looking forward to your posts!
~kerri
Post a Comment