Sunday, October 31, 2004

Update:October 31st

Well, as you may already know, grocery shopping didn't happen on Friday night. Of course as much as I'd rather not even post about it, it wouldn't be a true reflection of what sometimes can happen and of course how we handle it. So, after taking a big huge gulp of my pride, I humbly post this update.

Luckily this happened during this grocery week and not last!! So, I had quite a few stock items.
I managed to 'find' $40.00 (changed the payment date on the children's lunchroom fees) and Bill's mom blessed us with a small amount because she had wanted to get the kids a case of juice and some fruit/veggies for Halloween, anyways.

So here's waht we're doing. We're taking $60 and getting bare minimum food items.
I wrote this list for Bill today (he still has to finish it up tomorrow)
1 family pack ground beef (does about 3 lbs of meat)
bananas
apples
oranges
celery
carrots
frozen apple juice concentrate
bread

It'll be an interesting and creative next 2wks, but at least it's only two weeks.

I'm not going to bother updating the last couple of days, but it mostly consisted of Macaroni and Cheese, Spaghetti and friday night we had the pork chops.
Sandwiches for lunches and Shreddies and oatmeal for breakfast. Although, there is only a few packets of oatmeal left....ACK!! Hopefully they won't mind cereal to terribly. I sat down with them and explained the food budget with them, so I think they'll understand.

So there's where were at. Time to put on my thinking cap and get creative!!!
Some dinner ideas:
scrambled eggs and toast (or baggie omelets...super quick and easy to make)
pancakes
hamburger helper
spaghetti
hamburger soup
grilled cheese and tomato soup
fried rice meal
porcupine balls
meat ball stew (I have some stew sauce left over in my freezer)
mac and cheese done with:
peas and groundbeef or tuna casserole

Lunches will have to do with
bologna, jelly or PB&J sandwiches
ravioli, zoodles
leftovers
Breakfast will have to do with
rice krispies
cheerios
toast
Not quite as much variation as I would like to offer my family, but, it's food and we won't have hungry bellies and for that I am thankful...PTL!!!
Thank goodness ground beef is so versatile!!LOL

Have a blessed week and please keep us in your prayers!!

No comments: