Long time no type, eh?!?! I am going to try and get in here
at least once a week with a recipe or something food-like anyways...lol.
Our diets have changed dramatically over the course of
a year and it's interesting to go back and look through
here. Of course, finances played a huge role in my menu's
and still would if we were to ever need it too.
The biggest change has been my diet....I am on a
dairy free/wheat free diet for Breanna's sake whilst
I am nursing her. Since I allow the children to wean
when they're ready, this could be awhile! Strangely enough,
I have found myself to feel better since being on this diet,
primarily since going wheat free (we just discovered this recently)
which I didn't expect. Also juicing and smoothies have become
a staple in our diets, Bill finally jumped on the bandwagon and drinks
at least one or two smoothies a day!!! I am still trying to
incorporate as much organic and natural foods as possible
and I am trying to become 80% raw and keep the kids at about 50/50,
which is a very easy thing to do!! I am having fun
experimenting with sprouting, which has been an awesome
educational activity too!!
I have three-four smoothies per day. One is made up of
soy yoghurt, hemp milk, 1 or 2 raw eggs, raw organic coconut oil,
a handful of mixed berries and a banana.
Next is a *green smoothie* (see below) which consists of
greens (I use a lot of spinach and chard as well as mixed greens)
berries, other fruits, a banana, ginger and I juice 3 carrots
and an orange or two to add to it. Next is a fruity smoothie
and I use orange juice, mixed fruit, banana, berries and some
mango and coconut water (the absolute best is fresh from
the coconut...oh my stars!!!!)
Without further adieu, here is this mornings *GREEN SMOOTHIE*



When I first started this, I had a very old blender
that did not puree at all so it was very difficult
to get a good consistency. However the kids got me
a new blender for Christmas and it's been in use ever since then!!
I do use the juicer for things like carrots and
oranges and apples...then I use the pulp in muffins
(well, except the oranges)I love the consistency I get now!!!
Be blessed!!
Penny

No comments:
Post a Comment